[developers] Re: unknown words in pet again

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 18 20:59:19 CET 2005

Hi Patricia, Stephan, et al,

I do not know anything about the internals of PET, but did
notice something on reading this exchange which might just
be relevant.  In the Matrix, WLINK is associated with particular
relations, as we are working with Minimal Recursion Semantics.
The fs copied below appears to be using P&S-94-style recursive
semantic representations (which is why, I guess, you have
WLINK showing up as a feature of cont).  I wonder if the relevant
code within PET is somehow assuming MRS?

Emily