[developers] processing of lexical rules

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 24 06:34:20 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:35:53PM +0000, Ann Copestake wrote:
> Incidentally, Kristina Jokkinen who is currently visiting Cambridge
> has some interest in doing Finnish.  I was planning on talking to
> her to try and find out what we might do about the morphology for
> that - I know, for instance, that the standard two-level morphology
> approach involves multiple suffix lexicons.

There's an undergrad who'll be doing grammar engineering with
me next quarter who's picked Finnish (I make them all do different
languages).  He's also going to build a small XFST analyzer for
Finnish as an independent study project.  There's another student
who's going to do the same for Latin, though I expect that to be
less interesting morphophonologically.

Emily