[developers] Re: [SG] perforce ?

Ulrich Callmeier Ulrich at acrolinx.com
Wed May 25 13:34:51 CEST 2005

Hi Rainer,

there's no good reason to have NFS access to /proj/perforce, except that
currently there's /proj/perforce/bin which contains the client binary
'p4'. A cleaner installation would have the client program separate from
the repository and the server binaries. So I'd propose to leave the
repository locally on troll, and make the p4 client executable available
separately.

I can help setting up a new p4 server when you reinstall troll. Just let
me know before you do the reinstall, I can then make a proper backup of
the database, and restore that on the new server.

Cheers,
Ulrich