[developers] Pet dependencies

Eric Nichols eric-n at is.naist.jp
Sat Jun 18 07:38:34 CEST 2005

Greetings,

I got fed up with hacking makefiles to solve these problems when I was
installing the latest PET on a few machines, so I put together a patch
that addresses the rmrs.h distribution issue and the renamed lib/linux
directories problem. Basically, I changed all instances of rmrs.h to
mrs.h and forced it to compile mrs.h before cheap when the MRS option
is selected. I solved the library problem by borrowing some code from
the LKB installer; now the configure process uses uname to check what
kind of linux is running and uses a variable to select the proper
directory. I have verified that this setup works on a Pentium 4 running
Fedora Core 4 with a 2.6.11smp kernel and on a Pentium M running Ubuntu
5.04 with a 2.6.10 kernel. I have not been able to test this on any 64
bit machines. Any testing and/or feeback would be greatly appreciated. I
also verified that PET 0.99.7 does not compile using the new 0.9f
release of ECL. Maybe we should look into this in the near future.