[developers] Lkb LUI (pre) release

Woodley Packard sweagles at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 3 00:11:51 CEST 2005

The LUI ("linguistic user interface") project, a collaboration between
myself and Stephan Oepan, has been ongoing for several years at a fairly
intermittent pace.  We've put together what we believe is a fairly robust
package to get the project out into the real world.  There is emerging
documentation and installation information at the Wiki page:

http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/LkbLui

We intend to make a wider announcement in the next few weeks, but perhaps
power-users will have useful feedback in the short term.

Linux/x86 is our primary test environment, and is the only architecture
available in this initial release, but development versions of LUI work
well on other architectures in Linux, and in Mac OS X.  We welcome any
success stories and begrudgingly accept problem reports as well.

Woodley Packard