[developers] minor LKB code changes

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 17:38:39 CEST 2005

benjamin.waldron at cl.cam.ac.uk said:
> I've just checked in this code, so you can use it too. The parameter is
> *lex-rule-show-one-step*. It defaults to T, but if you set it to NIL you
> will see all morphological realisations. Of course, if there is a black  hole
> in your morphology component you may then get sucked in...

Since this is going to developers, which is a largish list and is archived, I
need to point out that this is a bit misleading.  If your grammar is the
current ERG you _will_ get sucked in and I would not like to argue that the
ERG has a black hole ...  The problem is that the behaviour that has been
re-enabled via *lex-rule-show-one-step* is uncontrolled when the grammar has a
high number of lexical rules that apply more than once, which is now the case
for the ERG's punctuation rules.  There is currently no way of controlling the
behaviour, so do not use this option unless you are either completely sure
your grammar does not have a high fanout or are prepared for your session to
crash!