[developers] Re: pending/674: generator broken on everything except the ERG?

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 22:43:08 CEST 2005

> this all sounds strange, as none of it should be affected by restarting
> afresh?

I have no explanation and obviously can't go further unless I can repro.

The other thing is that it's apparently a lot slower with these little
grammars than it used to be.  I don't have timings for the old version, but it
now taking up to a minute to generate from an 8 word sentence with the grammar
that's supposed to be the end point of our practicals - there are a lot of
realisations, but I'm sure it wasn't that slow before.

> we are about to do generation in our class at oslo this week.

well, at least that's a little before we do generation, though we start
practicals in a week.

could you keep me up to date by describing anything you check in over the next
few weeks, please?  I am anxious to have updates that fix bugs, but not ones
that might introduce new issues and require retesting!  I very much doubt I'll
check in anything other than bug fixes myself.