[developers] PET 0.99.12 + MRS Build Errors SOLVED!

Ben Waldron benjamin.waldron at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Apr 29 17:30:48 CEST 2006

Francis Bond wrote:

> I  am,
>tempted to believe that it is impossible to build cheap with the
>preprocessor and the current lkb cvs head.

It should now be possible to build PET with preprocessor support. You
must first update your LKB source tree to the current CVS head.

Once compiled into PET, the following should (I believe -- Bernd, are
these instructions correct?) allow you to run the FSPP preprocessor on
input:

- tell PET where to find the .fsr file storing the proprocessor rules by
adding an entry to PET's config file. Eg. for the ERG, add the following
line to erg/pet/common.set

    preprocessor := "preprocessor.fsr".

- run PET with the "tok=fsr" option. Eg.

    bmw20 at bmw-1:~/erg$ cheap -tok=fsr english.grm
    reading `pet/english.set'... including `pet/common.set'...
`pet/global.set'...
`rondane.mem'... [11846 features]         Reading
     preprocessor rules `preprocessor.fsr'
    Reading preprocessor rules `ecommerce.fsr'
    Reading preprocessor rules `gcide.fsr'
    Reading preprocessor rules `rondane.fsr'
    #[X-FSPP (62 global, 433 token-level rules @ `[ \t]+')]

    58789 types in 6.8 s
    www.google.com is big.
    (1) `webersatz is big.' [0] --- 1 (0.00|0.01s) <11:96> (465.1K) [0.0s]

- Ben