[developers] Characterisation in MRS

Berthold Crysmann crysmann at dfki.de
Fri May 5 15:51:45 CEST 2006

Ben Waldron wrote:
> Berthold Crysmann wrote:
>
>> is there any support for characterisation (CFROM/CTO) in MRS output
>> yet?
>>
> Characterisation is (unless something has recently broken) supported
> in both LKB and PET. Instructions below:
>
> GENERAL:
> - ensure type 'relation' has attributes
>  CFROM *top*
>  CTO *top*
>
> LKB SPECIFIC:
> - set lkb::*characterize-p* to T
> - ensure mrs::*initial-semantics-path* and mrs::*psoa-liszt-path* are
> set correctly (eg. see MRS documentation).
> - (optionally) add CFROM/CTO to *ignored-sem-features*
> - to see RMRS-XML set mrs::*rmrs-xml-output-p* to T

Hallo Ben ,

thanks for your reply. Actually, I was thinking of *MRS*, not RMRS-XML
output. I remember we had a brief discussion about this....
Currently, if I remove CFROM/CTO from the ignored-sem-features, I do get
to see the features, only they never have any interesting value... This
is the same in Pet and in LKB.

Berthold