[developers] compiling rms in sbcl

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 6 19:13:42 CEST 2006

could you be more precise?  do you mean that you think Allegro CL is allowing
things that aren't ANSI CL by any definition, or that SBCL is making stronger
assumptions about what's ANSI CL and what isn't?  It's going to be hard to
maintain SBCL compatibility if there are many divergences and you should not
start making large-scale modifications to other people's code without further
discussion.  If there are things we're using which are in the ANSI spec but
which SBCL doesn't currently cover, we need to consider whether they are
likely to be added to SBCL in the near future or not.

It would be useful if you can note down the divergences that are affecting us
and send a list round.