[developers] compiling rms in sbcl

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 17:34:23 CEST 2006

This looks much more minor than I'd expected based on your last message and
it's fine to go ahead with those changes that concern my code.  I think you
should give oe a chance to look too, though.
That defconstant *coding-system-names* (last point) concerns me a little
because Allegro CL does warn of redefinitions of constants and I can't find
where it is defined elsewhere.  defparameter seems like bad style here.  It's
your code, so if you are having to redefine it for some reason, go ahead, but
you should check what's happening first. maybe you have it set in a personal
init file, for instance?