[developers] compiling rms in sbcl

Ben Waldron bmw20 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 13:35:49 CEST 2006

Stephan Oepen wrote:
> nice work on the SBCL front, ben.  please go ahead and check in your
> changes.  i should try to tidy up a little in the LUI neighborhood.

I've checked into CVS the fixes necessary to compile and run the LKB
under SBCL. I've checked that it will happily process a test suite with
a (relatively) small grammar (Petter's NorSyg); but note that the
process chokes when attempting to load the ERG (see my last email). The
source code is now available via the following public CVS (thanks to
Stephan; no password):

 cvs -d :pserver:public at lingo.stanford.edu:/lingo/CVS login
 cvs -d :pserver:public at lingo.stanford.edu:/lingo/CVS co lkb

Harold, please let me know how you get on. Ståle, I've not yet tried to
compile with XML support under SBCL; hence SMAF preprocessing support is
absent at present.

> specifically, which SBCL version (in terms of architecture and OS) are
> you using?  and what about harold?  if you two sent me the output of
>
>   (pprint *features*)
>
> i can probably generalize a little more in `sbcl-patches.lisp'.

I'm running the latest Debian Dapper build of SBCL:

bmw20 at t41:~$ dpkg -s sbcl
Package: sbcl
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 28916
Maintainer: Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1:0.9.8.0-1ubuntu3
Provides: lisp-compiler, sbcl-fasl-loader-61
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.4-1), common-lisp-controller (>= 4.23)
Recommends: binfmt-support (>= 1.1.2)
Suggests: sbcl-common, slime
Conflicts: cl-clx-sbcl (<= 0.7.0-1)
Conffiles:
 /etc/sbcl.rc 6b18a7ce9fb1c3c721b30b93b9404be5

bmw20 at t41:~/tmp/2$ sbcl
This is SBCL 0.9.8, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* (pprint *features*)

(:ASDF :CLC-OS-DEBIAN
       :COMMON-LISP-CONTROLLER