[developers] Trying to operate on background stream : [incr tsdb()] affected as well

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 13:49:57 CEST 2006

for the LKB use at least, it might be worth trying `finish-output' instead of
`force-output'.  The difference, in theory, is that finish-output waits till
the output has happened before returning, while force-output is intended to
give things a push but to return immediately.  Despite this, from the Allegro
documentation, it looks as though they are implemented the same way, but then
it's interesting that you haven't seen any problems with the things that call
finish-output.  I'm afraid I don't have time to look at this right now, though.

Ann