[developers] SBCL port: XML

Ben Waldron bmw20 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 19:27:55 CEST 2006

Ann Copestake wrote:
> this sounds good, but I would prefer that you left the pxml code there as it
> is and used a compiler macro or whatever to interface to the S-XML for SBCL
> for now.  I need XML parsing for a variety of purposes related to the RMRS
> code - it doesn't seem you've tested these and I don't have time to test or
> rewrite them myself at the moment.

I did actually add the necessary fixes to your RMRS code and to oe's
SPPP code (both pxml and S-XML produce the "LXML" format, but in pxml
element/attribute name symbols are interned in the package from which
you call parse-xml, whilst in S-XML they are interned in the keyword
package). I ran some small tests in which everything appeared fine (eg.
I dumped MRS/RMRS to an XML file, read it in, and generated from
MRS/converted RMRS to MRS). But I didn't use your actual test scripts as
I wasn't sure how best to go about it -- if you can point me to the
right place to start, I can go back and run some thorough tests on the
RMRS code.

In the meantime I'll check in the S-XML module alongside the pxml module.

- Ben