[developers] [itsdb] parse big corpus with itsdb

Yi Zhang yzhang at coli.uni-sb.de
Fri Nov 10 12:24:26 CET 2006

Hi Stephan and all,

I do find the changes appropriate :-) thanks for the work. It is true that
the forest creation is relatively inexpensive. However, Valia and I are
still a little concerned about the potential efficiency loss on the German
Grammar. Berthold, could you estimate how large the efficiency loss will be?
Is an extra option necessary?

Theoretically, this might lead to the discussion of necessity of selective
(k-best) forest creation. But an extra option for the forest creation will
be an easy (though no-optimal) solution.

Another use of such an option I can think of is in the coverage test, where
only the parsability of the sentence is interested. In such cases, the
creation of the entire parse forest does not seem necessary.

Stephan, Berthold and Bernd, what do you think?

Best,
yi