[developers] Fwd: [itsdb] parse big corpus with itsdb

Yi Zhang yzhang at coli.uni-sb.de
Fri Nov 10 16:11:37 CET 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yi Zhang <yzhang at coli.uni-sb.de>
Date: Nov 10, 2006 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [itsdb] parse big corpus with itsdb
To: oe at csli.stanford.edu

Hi Stephan,

PACKING_NOUNPACK could signal the parser to stop forest creation as soon as
> there is one tree.  should i just add that (as an addition to the two tests
> i had to touch yesterday already)?

True. I will vote for using PACKING_NOUNPACK for the purpose. Thanks :-)

as for another parameter to limit forest construction, i would be in no
> way opposed to extra flexibility.  although i might worry slightly that
> we are already offering (too) many distinct ways of running the parser,
> where some today make better sense than others :-).

That's also true. Until we have a proper way to do k-best forest creation, I
guess the `nsolutions' for selective unpacking will be enough for the users
to play with.

Best,
yi