[developers] LinGO server downtime

Stephan Oepen oe at csli.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 6 23:34:40 CET 2007


we are tempted to re-install `cypriot.stanford.edu' tomorrow, the main
LinGO server here at stanford.  the effects would be that

  - those using `cypriot' for email would not be able to login(1) for a
    good part of the day;
  - the `lingo.stanford.edu' and `hpsg.stanford.edu' web servers would
    be down for a good part of the day;
  - the LinGO CVS repository (hosting the LKB, [incr tsdb()], ERG, and
    a few others) would be inaccessible for a good part of the day;
  - email delivery on DELPH-IN and LOGON mailing lists would be delayed
    for at least several hours.

our apologies for the short notice, but within local constraints there
is a very tempting window of opportunity tomorrow.  but if the downtime
would be crippling to some of you, please let me know quickly!

martin and emma, could you maybe confirm that nightly back-up has been
successful recently, i.e. ensure we could restore the user data in the
unlikely event of an emergency.  other than the root filesystem, there
_should_ be no effects on existing partitions.

                                                      all best  -  oe

+++ Universitetet i Oslo (IFI); Boks 1080 Blindern; 0316 Oslo; (+47) 2284 0125
+++     CSLI Stanford; Ventura Hall; Stanford, CA 94305; (+1 650) 723 0515
+++       --- oe at csli.stanford.edu; oe at ifi.uio.no; oepen at idi.ntnu.no ---

More information about the developers mailing list