[developers] Bug in mt/vpm.lisp

Berthold Crysmann crysmann at dfki.de
Wed Mar 21 22:23:35 CET 2007

Today had me victim of a nasty bug in map-mrs():

With standard optimisation settings (:speed 3 :safety :2), generation
with the ERG manage to make ACL dump core after a while. Increasing
safety to 3 while decreasing speed to 1 (or 2), Bernd and I managed to
track down the bug to the above function (error surfacing
instantaneously): apparently, map-mrs assumes presence of CFROM and CTO
features in MRS, only in this case they were not there (generated from
Pet without characterisation). Uncommenting the two code lines referring
to cfrom/cto solves the issue.

	       ;:cfrom (mrs:char-rel-cfrom ep)
	       ;:cto (mrs:char-rel-cto ep)

Probably map-mrs should check for the type of MRS coming in, or else
presnece of these features.

Cheers,

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313