[developers] [pet] unpacking

Sergio Roa sergior at coli.uni-sb.de
Thu Jul 12 12:29:56 CEST 2007

Hi Yi,

On Thursday 12 July 2007, Yi Zhang wrote:
> > I mean leaving it as default, so, the options now are:
> >
> >   cheap -limit=100000 -tok=fsr -nsolutions=10
>
> Oh, I just checked the code. It seems that if ``-packing'' is not given,
> then packing is disabled (=0, no packing). If ``-packing'' is given without
> ``=n'', then it's defaulted to 15.
>
> So in your case, you are running without packing. I just tried again, and
> it leads to immediate out of memory failure. Therefore, what you got
> without packing is a crash, rather than real results.

How can  you know this  is a crash?  The verbose output I  get without
packing is:

69133 types in 7.5 s
edge limit exhausted (100000 pedges)
id: 1
trees: 0
readings: 0
words: 200
words_pruned: 37
mtcpu: 0
first: -1
tcpu: 14290
utcpu: 0
ftasks_fi: 16514325
ftasks_qc: 4671458
fsubs_fi: 0
fsubs_qc: 0
etasks: 175805
stasks: 150097
aedges: 50281
pedges: 100000
upedges: 0
raedges: 0
rpedges: 0
medges: 0
unifications_succ: 175421
unifications_fail: 25708
subsumptions_succ: 0
subsumptions_fail: 0
copies: 200660
dyn_bytes: 908659104
stat_bytes: 904933232
p_dyn_bytes: 0
p_nstat_bytes: 0
cycles: 0
fssize: 1
unify_cost_succ: 409
unify_cost_fail: 109
equivalent: 0
proactive: 0
retroactive: 0
frozen: 0
failures: 0

I thought it means that the edge limit is exhausted.

--
Sergio.