[developers] RASP3-RMRS

Christopher Rupp Christopher.Rupp at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 12:23:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

At the meeting in Berlin there was some interest in running the conversion of
RASP3 trees to RMRS as a separate process. (Essentially, as a patch for the
RMRS
code in the current RASP3 release not being up to date.) As I was already doing
this for SciBorg, I've checked in four files under lkb/src/rmrs/rasp3 which
can be
used to create a fairly minimal image with a socket interface to run this
conversion. While this should run in its own terms and is adequate as a module
within SciBorg, it may serve also serve as a template for a module in a more
sophisticated architecture.

The additional files are:

build_standalone_image.sh	Script to construct an image based on the path for
				LKB_HOME.

start_rasp3_rmrs_server.sh	Startup script require modification for local LKB
				path.

standalone-server.lsp		This is Ben Waldron's server code (from preprocess)
				cut down to just the necessary functions.

standalone-image.lsp		A copy of ACL_specific/deliver.lsp modified to
				create an image rasp3-rmrs in an eponymous 						directory. There's no
optimisation of the image
				and I guess you may need permission to run
				generate-application.

The socket-based server is very simplistic, assuming a string terminated by a
^Q
(\u0011) as both input and output.

I hope this is helpful, even if only as a short term measure. If there are any
problems with the functionality, or suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers,

C.J.

--
Dr. C.J. Rupp

University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory
William Gates Building
15 JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0FD, UK

Tel: +44 1223 767025