[developers] Punctuation and "-default-les" type mapping in PET/ERG

R. Bergmair rb432 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 16 20:33:12 CEST 2008

Thanks, Peter and CJ, for the hints.

After implementing those changes, I have now got rid of both types of
WARNING messages. It seemed that the line that was responsible was
really the "gMap.carg=deps.content" setting in the default SMAF config.

I've also changed my POS mapping and my smaf configuration, by
basically using C.J.s settings (and throwing out all the obviously
SciBorg-specific stuff).

The "fallback POS mappings" CJ is using in his saf.conf,
of the form "gMap.type='aj_-_i-unk_le'", however, made
the problem reappear.

For the record: If anyone encounters this problem in the future,
I think the minimalistic solution is to change the line

   pos.[] -> edgeType='morph' fallback='' pos=content.tag gMap.carg=deps.content

   pos.[] -> edgeType='morph' fallback='' pos=content.tag

in any smaf configuration based on the old default.

I just saw, that the sample SMAF config in the Wiki, under
http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/SmafPet already reflects this
(but not the one under http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/SmafPet).

Perhaps the default configuration used by PET in the case where
SMAF input is used without a smaf-conf setting should also be
changed accordingly?

Thanks!

Richard