[developers] Converting TDL lexicon to LexDB dump format

Joshua Hou jshou at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:57:41 CET 2008

Hello Developers,

I'm trying to convert a TDL lexicon to LexDB dump format using the
instructions from the following page, but I'm running into some problems.

http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/Initialize_LexDB?highlight=(lexdb)

The steps that I am taking are as follows:

1) Load the LKB
2) Load grammar
3) (initialize-lexdb :dbname "lil" :user "lexdb")
4) (export-lexicon)

A window pops out when I type the (export-lexicon) command, and these
are the values I answered:

Username: lexdb
Source: Lillooet
Language code: lil
Country code: CA

These are the resulting errors:

(LexDB) exporting lexical entries to dump file /home/jshou/tmp/Lillooet.rev
(LexDB)   skip file: /home/jshou/tmp/Lillooet.NIL.skip
Error:
(LexDB) no DFN entries

Restart actions (select using :continue):
 0: Return to Top Level (an "abort" restart).
 1: Abort entirely from this (lisp) process.
 [1] LKB(15):

Does anyone know the proper incantations to get this to work?

Thanks so much,

Joshua