[developers] Weird GUI behavior on new ubuntu machine

Andrew MacKinlay admackin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 01:01:36 CET 2009

I've seen similar behaviour under Ubuntu (8.04) in VMWare Fusion -
Stephan had a quick look in Keihanna but I don't think we came up with
any solutions then. I haven't fired it up for a while but I think the
problem was a little flaky - perhaps affected by whether I had the VM
running over multiple monitors when I booted it up? Sorry I can't
provide anything more useful than a little corroborating evidence.

Can't confirm the text input/emacs behaviour though (as I've only used
emacs as a glorified [incr tsdb()] launcher..)