[developers] Thai test items not displaying in [incr tsdb()]

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:32:19 CEST 2009

G'day,

2009/1/23 Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no>:
> hi glenn and emily, apologies for my late follow-up on this query!
>
>> > Is this a known problem?  Any work-arounds?
>
>  [...]
>
>> Has anyone had to do something similar before?
>
> no, i suspect you might well be the firsts to try Thai.  i believe that
> Japanese and Korean have been confirmed functional, and of course also
> Greek, German, and Norwegian.  some `funny' scripts at least work :-).

I am saddened to report that Korean appears to be missing some functionality.

With a recent logon svn (2009-03-14), on ubuntu, the Korean text is
not displayed in any of the browse windows.  It is definitely there,
as you can double click on it and it gets passed through to the lkb to
parse.  It is just invisible :-).

> unfortunately, this upgrade is not an easy task, even though i believe
> all the necessary custom code is in SVN (below `tsdb/swish/').  i will
> put this on my ToDO list, but it will be at least a week or so before i
> can possible re-compile a fresh Tcl/Tk (plus add-on packages) and then
> upgrade the [incr tsdb()] distribution.

Did this happen?  If so, I am afraid it didn't fix Korean.  If not,
then there may yet be hope.

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Language Infrastructure Group