[developers] portuguese hpsg

Valia Kordoni kordoni at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Tue Apr 14 12:50:27 CEST 2009

if I may add, similar arguments for the treatment of so called symmetric
predicates in English have been given in Stephen Wechsler's 1995 Stanford
PhD thesis and subsequent book 'The Semantic Basis of Argument Structure'
(http://cslipublications.stanford.edu/site/1881526682.html). The same I
have observed in my 2001 Essex PhD thesis (Psych Verb Constructions in
Modern Greek: a semantic analysis in the Hierarchical Lexicon;
http://www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~kordoni/thesis.html) to be the case in
Modern Greek, too, for related predicates.

Valia