[developers] Why no of weights is more than no of unique features in .events file?

Faisal Chowdhury chowd at coli.uni-sb.de
Mon Apr 27 00:54:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I found a mysterious thing in .model.<user>.<pid>.events and
.model.<user>.<pid>.weights
files while running the grid script in LOGON. The no. of weights in .weights
file is bigger than the highest feature code inside the .events file. I did
some experiments of TADM with some dummy data and found that the no. weights
predicted by TADM is equal to the no. of unique features indexes, i.e., the
no. of weights should be the highest feature code + 1. Could you please
explian why .events and .weights files are not consistent on this?

Best,
Faisal