[developers] Help getting started debugging the logon system in Allegro Common Lisp

W.P. McNeill (UW) billmcn at u.washington.edu
Sat May 16 23:20:20 CEST 2009

I am running the compiled logon binaries.  By default this is what starts
when I call up logon in emacs.  However, at the emacs logon command line I
am able to run (load "source file name") which loads the specified source
file with my modifications.  This is how I was able to insert a (break)
command into the code.
I to set up to run using our ACL installation anyway for when I start
modifying code.  (Just trying to run $LOGONROOT/lingo/redwods/load without
the "--binary" flag gives me an error.)  But for the purposes of stepping
through the code, documentation on the debugger is probably sufficient.