[developers] LKB and SBCL / McCLIM

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 12 13:56:15 CEST 2009

Just to let people know that I've just started investigating SBCL with
McCLIM (i.e., freely available Lisp and graphics code).  Ben, of
course, got the non-graphics version of the LKB mostly working with
SBCL (modulo a problem with the XML reader which I expect to fix).
The aim is to see how close I can get to a working version with
graphics so we can figure out how much work it'd be to do a full port.
There are people we could pay to work on this, if we had any means of
raising the cash, but it seems essential to get an idea of how big a
deal it will be first.  I'm aware of oe's concerns re multithreading,
but if there are other issues people know of, please let me know now.

Thanks,