[developers] [lkb] Parsing rich data with LKB

Berthold Crysmann crysmann at ifk.uni-bonn.de
Sun Mar 21 18:20:56 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 12:42 +0000, Richard Bergmair wrote:
> I wouldn't go down that road.
>
> I would use the LKB with a PET backend for parsing.  PET now has
> a "chartmapping" lattice-rewriting frontend which supports arbitrary
> features to be injected into lexically instantiated feature structures
> via an XML format.
>
> You'd have to do a fair amount of programming to get that to work.
> I believe Peter Adolphs is the person you want to talk to about that.
>
> I'm forwarding this to the developers list, on the off chance that
> the relevant people may not be reading the LKB list.
>
> Richard

To get an idea how it works, there's the following documentation:

1. Our LREC 2008 paper (Adolphs et al.)
2. Peter's slides from the chartmapping tutorial on the Barcelona Wiki.
3. Grammars using chartmapping (ERG, GG, HaG, any others?)

There also used to be some SAF, SMAF etc. input for LKB developed by Ben
Waldron. I don't know though how well that is maintained at present.

Hope this helps.

Berthold