[developers] Logon on Ubuntu 10.04

Dan Flickinger danf at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 13 02:17:06 CEST 2010

Here's the recipe that I took from the thread that Stephan pointed to, and I confirm that it works for me too, and even survives a reboot of the machine, so looks like a good patch:

sudo apt-get install nscd
# open /etc/nscd.conf with your $EDITOR
# find following line:
# enable-cache hosts no
# change "no" to "yes"
# save & exit the editor
sudo service nscd restart

Thanks, Stephan - it's a great help to have LUI back.

 Dan