[developers] [incr tsdb()]: reconstructing other MRS types when thinning

Peter Adolphs Peter.Adolphs at dfki.de
Thu Mar 10 12:09:03 CET 2011

Hi Stephan!

On 09/03/11 20:24, Stephan Oepen wrote:
> to answer your specific question, during (thinning) normalization the [incr
> tsdb()] parameter *redwoods-semantics-hook* can provide a function to receive a
> reconstructed edge and return a string; the string will then be recorded as the
> semantics field.  the predefined mrs::get-mrs-string() returns the ‘simple’
> format, but defining a variant of this function should not be hard.  alas, as
> things stand just now, a user would have to provide an adapted semantics hook
> themselves (and patch the ‘redwoods’ script to activate it).

You're right, writing a variant for mrs::get-mrs-string() wasn't difficult at
all. I added a function mrs::get-mrs-xml-string() in the attached patch. I'm not
sure whether other formats such as DMRS or RMRS are as simple to realize, but I
don't care for the moment. Is anyone else interested in such a function?

I also modified the redwoods script to allow you to specify which semantic hook
you want to use with the command-line option --sem <value>. It's by default set
to the value "simple" (i.e. mrs::get-mrs-string()), thus not changing the
current behaviour of the redwoods script, but you can also specify "indexed",
"resolved", "xml" or "nil".

This brings me to two similar issues:

1) Can I process a parsebank (i.e. with all readings) just in order to
reconstruct the semantics?

2) How do I thin a parsebank to the reading with the highest score as determined
by the maxent reading selection model?

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Adolphs
DFKI GmbH, Projektbuero Berlin, Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes