[developers] Treebank corpus reader for NLTK

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Tue Jul 19 01:32:52 CEST 2011

Hi Mike, Francis and Rebecca,

Picking up this thread somewhat belatedly.  I agree with Rebecca
that it would be very helpful to have some use cases in mind
before going further with design.  Here are a few fairly random
ideas, without regard for whether they are feasible within NLTK
or python in general:

--- Linguistic search (perhaps people should just use Treebank
Search, but there are still things that even TS search can't
do [yet])
--- Training statistical parsers, either based on derivation
trees or (in the style of Luke Zettlemoyer's work) MRSs and
surface strings only
--- Using the lexical types or labels as POS tags to get
POS tagged corpora

Emily

--
Emily M. Bender