[developers] help with interpreting redwoods.mem

Spencer T Rarrick rarricks at uw.edu
Mon Jul 25 23:48:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am beginning some work with parse disambiguation using the model in
"redwoods.mem", and I have a question about how to interpret the meaning of
features.  At the top In features.lisp (
http://svn.emmtee.net/trunk/lingo/lkb/src/tsdb/lisp/features.lisp), the
comments list several feature templates numbered 1-4, 10, 11, etc.  However
all of the features found in redwoods.mem show a "1" after the open bracket
"[", indicating that they should be from feature template 1.  This seems
strange as many (but not all) of the features include a string at the end
(such as "well"), even though the description of template 1 does not mention
lexicalization (while template 3 does).

If anyone is familiar with the model, could you please let me know if my
interpretation of the file is correct?  If not, how can one distinguish
between the various feature templates in the file?

Thanks,
Spencer