[developers] PET regression testing

Stephan Oepen oe at csli.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 6 23:04:16 CEST 2011

hi bernd,

my apologies for the late reply on this thread!  i am currently helping
rebecca in getting her support for native REPP and calling out to a
PoS tagger integrated and tested with PET.  that work prompted me
to brush up (and partially document) the support for semi-automated
regression testing available with [incr tsdb()] and the LOGON batch
scripts.  please see the following page (towards the bottom) for some
suggestions:

  http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/LogonProcessing/BatchParsing

note that one will need an up-to-date LOGON tree (off the 'trunk') for
this to work.

as for changes to the '-tsdbdump' option, from my point of view, 'all'
that is required is that the result is a valid [incr tsdb()] profile.  every
now and again, i make changes to the [incr tsdb()] database schema
(typically adding new fields).  while [incr tsdb()] will always be able to
read older schema versions (back to around the mid-1990s :-), it will
typically refuse to write to out-of-date versions.  a good way to keep
up-to-date with the current schema is the English master file:

  http://svn.emmtee.net/trunk/lingo/lkb/src/tsdb/skeletons/english/Relations

best, oe