[developers] REPP for PET sans LISP

Joshua Crowgey jcrowgey at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 29 18:46:06 CET 2012

Dear DELPH-IN Developers,

The Grammar Matrix development group is in the process of updating our
output grammars to use REPP for string-level tokenization.  We've
created a (partially customizable) "vanilla.rpp" file for distribution
with our customized grammars.  For LKB users, we modified our lkb/script
file to load the repp file.  But we haven't found any instructions on
how to set up our PET configuration to use REPP.

The ReppTop page on the wiki talks about how to use (repp-for-pet) in
the [incr tsdb()] environment.  But we haven't found any information
about how to use REPP with PET without using LISP.  Maybe there's a
setting that we should put in pet/pet.set?

Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Thanks very much,
--Joshua Crowgey