[developers] Contents of developers Digest, Vol 85, Issue 1

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Wed Jul 18 00:34:15 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM, David Brodbeck <brodbd at uw.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>> or more subtle properties of the build host, e.g. which Motif and X11 versions are installed?  which reminds me, the LinGO build packages a few X11 shared libraries, i believe (no access to the source tree tonight).  those should be synchronized to what is used at build time, i.e. on the build host.
>>
>> that's about all i can guess at this point, i'm afraid :-).
>
> Hmm, that might have something to do with it.  We're building on RHEL
> 5.x.  I should see about synchronizing those libraries and doing
> another build.

I finally got time to do this -- I replaced all the libraries under
lkb/lib which had equivalents on the build system with the versions on
the build system.  I tried the resulting build under Ubuntu 12, and it
still has the Asian font problem.

I haven't had a chance to try messing around with what fonts are
installed yet, because I've had a great deal of trouble getting Ubuntu
12 to run stably.  (After I update it, the Unity Shell starts
crashing, leaving me no way to launch anything under X.)

--
David Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics