[developers] Newer 64-bit builds cause Non-structure argument error

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 7 10:56:53 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
> [...] do you need to
> issue an [incr tsdb()] command to trigger the issue,
> or does it just happen as part of the batch parsing
> command?

We are not using the standard batch parse command, but piping lisp
commands to bin/logon. I attach a file containing the commands sent to
bin/logon. Since the error occurs after parsing, I suspect it is
originating from the compare-in-detail function.

I forgot to mention that I do not see the error when I parse and
compare the profile from the [incr tsdb()] podium, at least not in the
Emacs lisp buffer.

> [...] [incr tsdb()] tries
> to operate on those MRSs but fails to unserialize.

Unfortunately I don't know what might have changed to cause the
failure. Our testing code has not changed WRT commands sent to LOGON
for some time.

>[...]
> any more details on how you are running things
> will be appreciated ...

If it helps, here are the options we use when we pipe the commands (in
the attachment) to bin/logon.

${LOGONROOT}/bin/logon -I base -locale no_NO.UTF-8 -qq

You may also test this yourself by checking out the matrix repository
(blank password):

svn co --username guest svn://lemur.ling.washington.edu/shared/matrix/trunk

...and running the regression test (from the trunk directory)

python matrix.py r tiniest

Let me know if you need anything else

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman