[developers] Extracting and representing tree structures

Petter Haugereid petterha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:27:39 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

As some of you know, the grammar I am writing has rather
unconventional (left-branching) tree structures. I am currently
writing a grammar for Hebrew, and the need for more readable tree
representations where the constituent structure is represented has
become apparent. (The constituent structure is retrievable from the
AVM of the parsed string.) I have written a python script that reads
the AVM text files exported from itsdb and produces latex trees.
Ideally I would have liked the LKB to produce the trees. The AVMs I
have look something like this:

verb & [
  ARGS cons & [
    FIRST phrase & [