[developers] semi.vpm and trigger rules (and KNOPPIX+LKB)

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Thu May 23 02:24:31 CEST 2013

Dear all,

Another discovery from working with MT in Ling 567
this week:

Once we turn on the vpm, with the following line in lkb/script:

(mt:read-vpm (lkb-pathname (parent-directory) "semi.vpm") :semi)

... our trigger rules stop working.  The grammar still loads fine, but
the trigger rules don't match and the semantically empty entries aren't
triggered. We suspect its because they reference "event", "handle", etc.
but the post-VPM MRSs have "e", "h", et al instead.

We noticed that the trigger rules in the ERG and Jacy reference
the types event, handle, etc and so suspect there is some setting
somewhere that tells the trigger rules to work on the post-VPM,
grammar-internal MRS that we are missing.  Is there?  If not,
any ideas on what else it might be?

Thanks,
Emily

p.s. I haven't had a chance to confirm yet whether this is
specific to KNOPPIX+LKB or also true in the LOGON distribution.

--
Emily M. Bender
Associate Professor