[developers] semi.vpm and trigger rules (and KNOPPIX+LKB)

Woodley Packard sweaglesw at sweaglesw.org
Thu May 23 06:46:33 CEST 2013

Hi Emily and Sanghoun,

I verified that the problem occurs with matrix grammars both in KNOPPIX+LKB and in the main LOGON tree.  Sanghoun's suggestion of commenting out the "* >> u" mapping in the VPM did not do anything for me.

However, after considerable head scratching, I came across what I believe is the real solution:  the "lkb/script" file produced by the matrix customization system puts the command to load the VPM *after* the command that loads the trigger rules.  These commands need to happen in the opposite order (presumably because the logic that loads transfer rules uses the VPM).  I moved the VPM loading command to immediately before the trigger rule loading command, and the problem was fixed.  I also see the ERG's lkb/script loads the VPM before the trigger rules.

Cheers,
Woodley