[developers] How to unify a type constraint onto a dag extracted from chart (LKB)

Berthold Crysmann berthold.crysmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:58:29 CEST 2013

On 26/06/13 01:10, Stephan Oepen wrote:
> hi berthold,
>
> the call into the unifier looks plausible to me, but the DAG you create
> for supra_reent will not contain any information but its top-level type.
>
> rather than create-typed-dag(), maybe try something like this
>
>    (tdfs-indef (ltype-tdfs (get-type-entry 'supra_reent)))
>
> i hope this will work better, or?  oe

Dear Stephan,

I tried this, but it still does not yield the desired result. Could it
be that unification is not done recursively over all the elements of the
lists that get equated by the type constraint?

If I set the constraint in one of the rules instead, I get the desired
result...

Something seems  to work differently here.

Berthold

--
Berthold Crysmann <crysmann at linguist.jussieu.fr>
CNRS, Laboratoire de linguistique formelle (UMR 7110), U Paris Diderot