[developers] Ubuntu+LKB 17: lots of gc; [incr tsdb()] podium freezes frequently

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Fri Jan 17 01:36:56 CET 2014

Hi,

We're using Ubuntu+LKB17 in Ling 467 quarter, and I've noticed some odd
behavior: first of all, the LKB seems to be doing way more gc than I expect
while loading a small Matrix-derived grammar, especially if I've kicked off
the [incr tsdb()] podium.  Another quirk is that before kicking off [incr
tsdb()], the gc doesn't result in any messages being printed to the
*common-lisp* buffer, just a flickering "gc" in the bar at the bottom.
 Once I have, however, I get the messages (see attached buffer).

The other thing I've noticed is that the [incr tsdb()] podium is freezing
frequently.  If I can put together a recipe to reproduce that, I'll report
it.  The window can be closed by clicking the x and then reopened with M-x
itsdb, and then it works fine, for a while.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Emily

--
Emily M. Bender