[developers] Roots in ACE output

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 19 07:22:36 CEST 2014

Hi Woodley (and Developers on the CC),

We are noticing that ACE is not giving us the roots in derivation
trees. This problem came up before for PET and the LKB nearly 6 years
ago (see http://lists.delph-in.net/archives/developers/2008/001057.html).
I see this behavior both when I use the `ace` command directly and
when I batch process with `art`. Is there some way to make sure the
root nodes show up in the derivations?

Here is the value of parsing-roots in Jacy's ace/config.tdl:

;;;|| parsing-roots || list of root instances enabled for parsing ||
parsing-roots             := utterance-root.

And we are not using the -r option of ACE.

Any suggestions?

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman