[developers] Roots in ACE output

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Fri Aug 29 10:46:39 CEST 2014

G'day,

> I believe that in the ERG I'm only making use of subsumption whenever one root structure is not disjoint from the others in a particular group of multiple roots.  So a set of disjoint subsumption hierarchies should cover the current intended use cases for the ERG.
>
> I think it will have to be consumers of those roots who indicate what behavior is desirable in treating the root structure as part of the derivation.

I would like to report for a corpus what % of roots of which type (in
which case the most specific possible is the most informative).  I
think it may be an interesting measure.  If I have them, I was
planning to allow you to browse examples with the LTDB.  If it is not
possible to do, I can just ignore them.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies