[developers] Trouble Seeing Test Suite Instances

Alexander Sugar sugara at uw.edu
Thu Sep 11 22:59:10 CEST 2014

Joshua resolved the problem! Emily was right that it was a matter of
where the database root was pointed, but not in the way I thought.
Moving the /home or /tsdb/home folder(s) up or down before opening
[incr tsdb()] and pointing the database root to that new location
didn't have an effect. When we set the database root to the default
/opt/delphin/lkb/src/tsdb/home, the instance showed up in the podium.
After that, when we created in a new instance in the
~/Uyghur/tsdb/home location I had originally wanted, the instance
appeared in the podium there as well.

-- Update, after getting home and restarting my computer, I am once
again able to create a visible instance in the /opt/delphin/... path,
but unlike earlier I was unsuccessful at doing so in my own folder.
The source of this problem seems quite mysterious and I'd love to know
what it is, but for now I'm happy to be able to create browsable
instances somewhere and check coverage of my grammar.

Thank you,
Alec