[developers] ACE and yzlui

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:44:40 CEST 2014

Hi Woodley and developers,

I tried using ACE with the -l option to display results in LUI, but
after the results appeared yzlui closed immediately. The exit code was
0, so I don't suspect it crashed. Is there any way to make the LUI
display persist until I manually close it?

goodmami at 03-37:~$ ace -V
ACE version 0.9.18
compiled at 07:45:54 on Feb  6 2014
goodmami at 03-37:~$ yzlui -v
pangolui version 0.9
goodmami at 03-37:~$ echo "Three octopi swim swiftly." | ace -g
~/erg-1212-x86-64-0.9.18.dat -l

NOTE: parsed 1 / 1 sentences, avg 2553k, time 0.01673s
goodmami at 03-37:~$ echo "$?"
0

I got the yzlui binary from http://sweaglesw.org/linguistics/yzlui.x86-64.

Aside: The ERG 1212 grammar gave me _octopus_n_1_rel with [ NUM: pl ]
for "octopi", but "octopuses" and "octopodes" both resulted in
JJ_u_unknown_rels... 😞

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman