[developers] Parsing a profile with ace

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 8 03:14:22 CET 2015

Yes, you can use Art: http://sweaglesw.org/linguistics/libtsdb/art

$ art -a $ACECOMMAND path/to/profile

The input profile is not a skeleton, but an empty instantiated
profile. Use the bundled mkprof command to create an empty profile
from a skeleton.

ACECOMMAND is a string with the command that calls ACE. It might look like this:

ACECOMMAND="path/to/ace -g path/to/compiled/grammar.dat"

We've found out recently that you can pipe commands in that string,
which we use for preprocessing:

ACECOMMAND="preprocessor | ace ..."

There's more info at the Art website and ACE's
(http://sweaglesw.org/linguistics/ace/). Hope that helps