[developers] lkb/ace difference on generation

Glenn Slayden glenn at thai-language.com
Fri Feb 20 23:46:46 CET 2015

Indeed, concurring with David, I propose we codify some standards for the DELPH-IN JRF (Joint Reference Formalism) regarding these pesky trivialities.

At issue here is not only the line-feed format…

DOS                                       \r\n
Unix                                       \n
Mac (deprecated)           \r
mixture/broken                               \n\r, etc.

…but also the matter of BOM <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark>  (byte-order mark), versus lack thereof, in UTF-8 and/or wide-character (Unicode, UTF-16, UTF-32) files.

Ideally, we would certify our tools as properly producing, accepting and interpreting any of the above, in combination, for all of the various textual grammar definition (TDL) and administrative/control files (VPM, SEMI, SET).

Glenn