[developers] Problems parsing with ACE and gg

Berthold Crysmann berthold.crysmann at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 01:15:42 CEST 2015

Dear Ned,

thanks for your report and sorry for the week's delay. I usually still
use pet for parsing with gg, so that's why this probably went unnoticed.
Should make the switch, though.

After a bit of looking around,  I figured out that tokenisation appeared
to be the culprit. For now, ace parses in yy mode (just like pet).
If you are using the fine system ([incr tsdb()]), just add "-y" to the
ace parameters, and copy over the :preprocessor statement from the
gg at pet cpu.

I do know that ace natively includes repp, and I did have it working at
least back in 2012/2013, and some calls are in config.tdl, but they do
not seem to work right at the mo. I shall look into that next week.

Cheers,

Berthold

--
Berthold Crysmann <crysmann at linguist.jussieu.fr>
CNRS, Laboratoire de linguistique formelle (UMR 7110), U Paris Diderot