[developers] Realizational v. incremental morphology

David Inman davinman at uw.edu
Sat Oct 31 20:16:40 CET 2015

My objection to this during Emily's meeting I think remains: what is the actual difference between these views? It seems like a difference of perspective more than a difference in theoretical predictions, with incremental a generative perspective and relational a set-like perspective. It all seems a bit like wondering whether a set is accurately defined through induction or intersection - it doesn't matter, both describe the same thing, use whatever is most convenient. Unless I am missing something - and I consider this very likely -  are there actual theoretically different claims made between the two?